The preliminary program for the CLA 2008 Conference and Trade Show has been published to the CLA Web site.
Registration for the conference is also open.
DIY – Building A Product Evaluation Toolbox
Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Time: 1pm to 5pm
Use tools developed for traditional and commercial products, and apply them – along with those specific to new media – when evaluating information resources. This workshop will help attendees fill a toolbox of techniques and tips they can use to evaluate and recommend a variety of information resources, and also to add value to those resources. Participants will receive a checklist of evaluation criteria for all types of information products, an appreciation of what is valuable to their clients and a framework for developing a customized user guide to resource evaluation.
- Sandra Hollingshead, Information Assessment Librarian, Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, Ottawa, ON
- Dr. Jacquelyn Burkell, Associate Professor, Faculty of Information and Media Studies, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON
- Robyn Stockand, Coordinator, Corporate Library, National Bank Financial, Toronto, ON
Registration includes: One coffee break
Some Conference Sessions for Special Librarians
- Walking the Walk and Talking the Talk: Reflections on Work from New Librarians and Information Professionals
- Presenting your Business Case – the Sequel
- Developing Your Professional Portfolio
- Libraries and Publishing 3.0 – Student Views
- Making a Good Impression on Management: Marketing Yourself in the Special Library
- Friday, May 23rd from 4:45pm to 6pm
Registration is available online and by mail or fax. There is a separate form for pre-conference registration.
CLA is offering the member rate, in 2008, to the following groups: BCLA and BCLTA
Delegates (members or non-members) who are attending their very first CLA Conference are being offered the early bird member rate of $525.00 until April 18, 2008. Registration will include a complimentary ticket to the First-Timers Breakfast.
For the greatest "early bird" savings, register on-line or send in your registration by Friday, March 21, 2008. Register at the regular registration fee from March 22 to April 18, 2008.
Delegates wishing to be pre-registered for the conference must have their registration form and appropriate payment delivered to the CLA office by the deadline of midnight on April 18, 2008.
“Greening” Our Conference
Together, we are working to make this conference “green”. This year, $10.00 of your registration fee will go to reforestation to offset greenhouse gas emissions and help to make our conference “carbon neutral”.