The CLA Evidence Based Librarianship Interest Group (EBLIG) is hosting a preconference during the Canadian Library Association Annual Conference, on June 2nd, 2010, in Edmonton, Alberta.
This half-day mini-conference focuses on evidence based practice and its incorporation into professional decision making. Featuring keynote speaker Lisa M. Given, Becoming Evidence Based will introduce attendees to current dialogue and research in evidence based library and information practice.
The CLA Evidence Based Librarianship Interest Group (EBLIG) invites submissions for contributed papers and posters including both original research and innovative applications of EBP in library and information practice. We welcome examples of evidence based practice from all library sectors.
Subject areas may include, but are not limited to:
- Library and information service administration
- Technical improvements
- Service delivery
- Marketing and communications
- Collection development
- EBP in other disciplines with application in EBL
- Title of Presentation or Poster
- Abstract of no more than 250 words
- Primary Presenter’s name, affiliation, email address, phone number and brief biography.
- If there is more than one presenter: The names, affiliations, email addresses, phone numbers and brief biographies, of all presenters.
- AV equipment needs or other special needs for your presentation.
Submissions must be submitted by February 15th, 2010, and can be e-mailed to:
Renee de Gannes-Marshall,
Successful candidates will be notified by March 15, 2010, by e-mail.
Please note: Expenses associated with attending the EBLIG mini-conference and the CLA Annual Conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers. The registration fee for this half day session will be waived for all speakers.