Good IM Uses the Evidence: Implementing Evidence-Based Practice
Thursday, November 26, 2009, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Ottawa Public Library Auditorium (120 Metcalfe)
Are your daily decisions justifiable and based on real evidence?
Evidence-based practice (EBP) seeks to use the best available research evidence to inform everyday practices in information management.
This workshop introduces participants to:
- the process of applying EBP in your organization;
- the free and not-so-free resources available; and
- the steps you can follow to determine what the best evidence is.
Virginia Wilson is Coordinator of the Saskatchewan Health Information Resources Partnership.
Laura Newton Miller is a Science and Engineering Librarian at Carleton University.
When: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Where: Ottawa Public Library Auditorium (120 Metcalfe)
- CLA Members - $35
- CLA Student Members - $10
- Non-Members - $45
- Student Non-Members - $15
- Personal Members of Other IM Associations (ARMA, LANCR, OALT, SLA, etc) - $40
Register at http://tinyurl.com/cla-eblig
Payment by cash or cheque will be taken at the door. We are unable to accept debit or credit cards. Invoices can be arranged in advance of the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
(This workshop is presented by the CLA-CASLIS Government Section in partnership with the CLA Evidence Based Librarianship Interest Group.)
For more information, please contact email@example.com